GIVE > Overview
Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports is committed to getting folks involved with healthy activity any way we can. Removing the barrier of the cost, or using a sliding scale fee system for participating in our programs allows people with disabilities affordable access to sports and recreation.
Annually, we must raise more than $125,000 in contributions from businesses and individuals in order to help defray programming costs. We continue to reach out to community partners and seek opportunities that will allow us to provide programming to our clients at little or no cost.
Did You Know?
- Vermont Adaptive's operating budget is approximately $350,000 a year.
- More than 3,000 outings are provided a year.
- The cost of one outing for the consumer can range from a mere $15 for a two-hour canoeing session to $100 for a full day ski lesson, including instructors, ticket and adaptive equipment.
- All of the school and advocacy groups we work with are also subsidized and participants receive the same one on one experience as any individual who participates.
- The average true expense of a lesson or outing to the organization is over $120.00 per individual per outing per activity.
- Vermont Adaptive receives only $60,000 in program fees each year.
- There is over $50,000 worth of adaptive sports gear we want to buy this year on our Wishlist.
Please consider making a donation today - Every Penny Counts! You can donate online or send a check to: Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports, PO Box 139, Killington, VT 05751.
Thank you for your support!