Learn While Making a Difference
Vermont Adaptive seeks interns who are self-motivated, take initiative and have some experience working with people with disabilities and/or adventure recreation. All interns should have a strong sense of hard work, flexibility, a love for the outdoors, an open mind, and a love for working with people.
Our internships are designed to provide learning and hands-on experiences to individuals interested in Adaptive Sports, Therapeutic Recreation, Wilderness Adventure, and Adventure Recreation to gain knowledge and professional experience in these growing fields. Interns gain skills and knowledge in all aspects of seasonal programming, event planning, and volunteer management while being a valuable resource to our mission and participants.
All internships are full-time commitments that include weekdays and weekend shifts. Potential interns must take this financial burden into consideration when applying as stipends are not guaranteed.
How to Apply
- Complete the internship application associated with the position for which you want to apply from the Internship list.
- Complete an online Volunteer Application.
- Send your cover letter and resume to the appropriate program coordinator.
Once accepted for an internship, you will be part of our daily operations helping to assess, teach and document activities for Vermont Adaptive participants. Your assignments will also include (but are not limited to):
- Provide written goals for the internship.
- Attend a site tour arranged by the coordinator.
- Maintain weekly or biweekly meetings with the coordinator.
- Communicate schedule with your program coordinator in advance to schedule days and projects.
- Assist in implementation of a special event such as the USABA winter weekend, special group events, fundraisers, etc.
- Write an article for the Vermont Adaptive newsletter/share a story of your experience.
- Attend required training applicable to your internship (for example mandatory snow training in December).
2018-2019 Winter Program Internship Opportunities
Internship overview, responsibilities and requirements are listed in the links below.
Intern Positions for Winter 2018-2019 at Sugarbush Resort, Waitsfield
Intern Positions for Winter 2018-2019 at Pico Mountain, Killington
Winter 2019 Marketing Internship Opportunity
Internship overview, responsibilities and requirements are listed in the link below.
- Special Events & Marketing Intern
Location: Pico Mountain, Killington with travel to other locations
Part-time, November 2018 – April 2019
Summer Internship Opportunities
Vermont Adaptive offers a variety of internships in various locations to assist with summer programs at various locations throughout the state. For more information, please contact Tom Alcorn, Senior Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
Summer & Winter Programming Internships
Tom Alcorn, Senior Program Coordinator
Kim Jackson, Director of Communications
Phone: 802.786.4991 ext. 24