Orientation & Training
All Vermont Adaptive volunteers must complete mandatory orientation and training for their approved sports after their application is complete and approved.
Winter volunteers must be an intermediate or above level skier or snowboarder. You must attend three days of training: one-day off snow training and two-days on snow training.
2017-18 Off-Snow Volunteer Training
- Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017 9:30 am-4:00 pm – Pico Mountain (new and returning volunteers)
- Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017 9:30 am-4:00 pm- Sugarbush Resort (new and returning volunteers)
- Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2017 6:00 pm -9:00 pm – Sugarbush Resort (returning volunteers only)
- Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017 6:00 pm -9:00 pm – Pico Mountain (returning volunteers only)
- Thursday, Nov. 16, 2017 6:00 pm -9:00 pm – Bolton Valley Ski Area (returning volunteers only)
- Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017 9:30 am-4:00 pm – Bolton Valley Ski Area (new and returning volunteers)
2017-2018 On Snow Training
- Saturday & Sunday, Dec. 9-10 (TENTATIVE) 8:30 am-4:00 pm – Pico Mountain, Sugarbush Resort
- Saturday & Sunday, Dec. 16 & 17 8:30 am-4:00 pm – Pico Mountain, Sugarbush Resort, Bolton Valley Ski Area
Please sign-up to attend winter orientation by contacting your local Program Coordinator:
Summer orientation typically occurs in early June. Dates will be announced in early 2018. You must be an experienced cyclist, rock climber or paddler depending on the activity for which you want to volunteer. Limited enrollment is available for paddleboard instruction and certification.
Watch this page for details or sign-up for our email newsletter to receive regular updates from Vermont Adaptive.
2018 Vermont Adaptive Volunteer Instructor Resource Guide
In addition to our operations manual, which is handed out at orientation, we provide many resources for our volunteer instructors and guides, including a Resource Manual. Feel free to click through the pages below or download a PDF to learn more.