Careers & Internships
Be a part of the largest year-round disabled sports non-profit organization in Vermont and help grow our organization. We are seeking a dynamic, motivated, experienced, creative and organized individual for:
Program Coordinator – Northern Vermont (Burlington, Chittenden County, Bolton Valley Ski Area)
Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports is seeking a highly qualified candidate to join the management team for a year-round Program Coordinator position. Candidate will be responsible for overall administration, outreach, management and coordination of the day-to-day operations of the Vermont Adaptive programs and activities at the Burlington Waterfront and Bike Path, Chittenden County, Bolton Valley Ski Area, and beyond. Some travel will be required. Work will require weekends and holidays. Salary in the low 30’s. Great benefits.
Position to be filled Summer 2022.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working with individuals who have physical, cognitive, social, and/or emotional disabilities
- Minimum Required Certifications: Wilderness First Aid, CPR & AED, Stop the Bleed & Level I PSIA/AASIA Adaptive Certification (or ability to obtain within a year of employment)
- Desired Certifications; Lifeguard, CTRS, American Canoe Association Certification, Professional Mountain Bike Instructor Level I; Certified Adaptive Recreation and Sport Specialist I/II
- Experience in managing interns
- Demonstrated good to outstanding organizational, human relations, financial controls, budgeting, non-profit experience and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of risk management as it relates to recreation and adaptive sports
- Proficient in all MS computer applications
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Fundraising, grant writing and donor development experience helpful
- Self-directed, motivated, outgoing.
- Knowledge of adaptive sports equipment and maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in Adventure Education, Therapeutic Recreation, Physical Therapy or other related experience
Adapted sports specific to this position include: Alpine Skiing, Snowboarding, Nordic Skiing, Snowshoeing, Indoor Climbing, Mountain biking, Cycling, Paddling and events.
Application deadline: July 1, 2022.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 letters of recommendation to: Erin Fernandez at [email protected]
Read the full job description here.
Interns & Volunteers
Internship and volunteer opportunities are available and can help to further your education or career resume.