Careers & Internships
Be a part of the largest year-round disabled sports non-profit organization in Vermont and help grow our organization. We are seeking a dynamic, motivated, experienced, creative and organized individual for:
Program Coordinator – Full Time, Year-Round.
Candidate will be responsible for overall administration, outreach, management and coordination of the day-to-day operations of the Vermont Adaptive programs and activities on the Burlington Waterfront in the Summer and at Bolton Valley Resort in the Winter. Some travel may be required. Working most weekends and holidays required. Salary in the low 30’s. Great benefits.
Position to be filled -Immediately, summer 2020
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working with individuals who have physical, cognitive, social, and/or emotional diagnoses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adventure Education, Therapeutic Recreation or related field.
- Required Certifications: Wilderness First Responder & Level I PSIA/AASIA Adaptive Certification (or ability to obtain within a year of employment).
- Desired Certifications; Life Guard, CTRS, American Canoe Association Certification, Professional Mountain Bike Instructor Level I.
- Experience in managing interns
- Demonstrated good to outstanding organizational, human relations, financial
- controls, budgeting, non-profit experience and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of risk management as it relates to recreation and adaptive sports
- Proficient in all MS computer applications
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Fundraising, grantwriting and donor development experience helpful
- Self directed, motivated, outgoing.
- Knowledge of adaptive sports equipment and maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in Adventure Education, Therapeutic Recreation, Physical Therapy or specific related experience
- Adapted sports for all ages specific to this position include: Alpine Skiing, Nordic Skiing, Snowshoeing, Sailing, Cycling, SUP, Canoeing and Kayaking, Wellness programs, and events.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 letters of recommendation to:
Erin Fernandez, Executive Director, email@example.com
Interns & Volunteers
Internship and volunteer opportunities are available and can help to further your education or career resume.